New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka M55 222rem
 Login/Join

posted
Hello all

does anyone out there have any info on tikka m55 rifles as i have just attained one and dont know very much about them.
cheers all.

Posts: 22 | Location: Northeast England | Registered: 13 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
paulhed,
There are still quite a few floating about in Australia. They still have a reputation for being a quality outfit.
Cheers...
Con

Posts: 2198 | Location: Australia | Registered: 24 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
Paul, probably the best Tikka ever made. A guy I know here in Ireland shot one for years, in recent years he added a moderator. It was extremely accurate.

Black death for foxes.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check the barrel, they used micro rifled barrels on some models, they tend to shoot out sooner than normal and wont take wear the same way as proper barrels.

It´s qualite outfit though for nominal weight bullets and with a 45 grains NP or SB it will slay all roedeer sized game there is.

Best regards Chris.

O BTW, they make for a great rebarelling candidate as well a hunter friend of mine has a 6mm/222 rem barrel on his shooting heavy 6 mm bullets, it´s a blast to watch him shoot it.

OT.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very fast lock time. Very stiff action for a repeater. Very difficult to find a spare magazine but they are available from the factory via your friendly dealer (if they can be bothered).

one of us
posted Hide Post
Paulhead Tikka made the m-55 for the short action in 222,22-250,243 6mm and 308. The model 65 was a std length. 25-06,270,7x64,30-06 7mm Rem 300 win & 338 Win. Both came with detachable clip magazines. M-55 hold 3 rds whilethe M-65 hold 5 in 06 cases and 3 magrds.As already mentioned these may have been Tikkas finest rifles. Fast lock time and accurate and a good stock. I think Sako bought them out because they may have been a better value that the Sako's. Sako certainly cheapened the Tikkas when they put plastic clips etc on them.

Posts: 2442 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I believe the M55 was the Ithaca series...my 595 Tikkas were imported by Stoeger..made in Finland..very well made & accurate rifles..just don't lose the magazine...very pricey if you can even find them.....I have a spare for each of my 223 & 7-08..pic is 7-08

Posts: 220 | Location: Utah | Registered: 21 January 2004Reply With Quote