Find
Notify
Tools

New Ultra Light Arms (NULA)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I posted this in Rimfires but didnt receive any responses so I'll try here:

Does anyone here own one? Likes or dislikes? I can not find a photo of the action on the NULA web page and was wondering what they look like? Claw extractor? How do they feed and eject?
I will be in Pa in a few weeks and was thinking of driving down to the factory to placing an order a repeater weighing about 6 pounds bare. The order will most likely include the ss barrel and the jewel trigger options
Thanks!

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's a pic of one. Can't speak of the 22, but I have a NULA M24 30-06 that's basically replaced my other rifles. I'm thinking about a rimfire, so basically I expect not to have or need any other rimfires when I get it. It's a shame, too, since I like what I've got...

The only problem I've ever heard about with them was a magazine issue, and that's fixed now.

I think I'll go with blue steel barrel, rather than the stainless I have on the '06. I can't imagine wearing out or eroding the blue barrel with a 22.

One of the real advantages of the NULA is the safety, and I presume the 22 is the same. When on safe the bolt is locked. Pressing the safety lever in while still on safe unlocks the bolt, making it basically a "three-position" safety. I don't believe that capability is available with the Jewell.

Call Melvin Forbes, the owner of New Ulra Light Arms. He's a great guy to discuss this with.

Jaywalker

Posts: 1006 | Location: Texas | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ROSCOE
posted Hide Post
Snowwolfe,
I have a LH 22LR form them. The rifle shoots very nice. It is not a claw extractor. Gun is identical to the M 20 in terms of action size and weight/looks...just a smaller cut on the action and it is set up for a magazine rather than a floor plate. Very nice guns. I will trade for your cooper 22Mag if you are interested?

Roscoe

R. Lee Ermey: "The deadliest weapon in the world is a Marine and his rifle."
We're going to be "gifted" with a health care plan we are forced to purchase and fined if we don't, Which purportedly covers at least ten million more people, without adding a single new doctor, but provides for 16,000 new IRS agents, written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that didn't read it but exempted themselves from it, and signed by a President, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, for which we'll be taxed for four years before any benefits take effect, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke!!!!! 'What the hell could possibly go wrong?'

Posts: 2122 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SnoWWolfe
P.M. Me ..I will tell you My tale..
AK

Posts: 16798 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 21 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roscoe,

Nice try cheers

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.

Posts: 6644 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote