Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WSSM
 Login/Join

posted
Do anyone have some experience about the WSSM.
Are they better then the normal brass?(233remington/243winchester)
Do the barrel burn out faster?
Best buy: 223 or 243?

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
Better? Depends on your needs. The factory barrels on the 223 and the 243 are chrome lined, and should last a long time, but not longer than the 223Rem.

For lots of details, see www.wssmzone.com. HTH, Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Win 70 stealth II chambered in 243 WSSM. I really like it, it is a hoot I enjoy short fat cartridges. Also like something different.
But I can't say it is any better than a 243 or 6mm cartridge. Possibly a little faster if you want to push it hard. As to barrel life that depends upon how you load for it.
Again I think they are fun to shoot.

muck

Posts: 1052 | Location: Southern OHIO USA | Registered: 17 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the 25 WSSM the best of the 3 WSSMs. I had a Winchester/USRA Super Shadow rebarreled with a 1 in 14" twist barrel as a dedicated pdog rifle with 75 grain VMax bullets. To say that I'm happy with it would be a gross understatement, I love it! I currently have 400 rounds of 25 WSSM that I made up for that rifle, using Federal 243 WSSM brass. I've fired some of the case 6 times, so well over 2K bullets have gone downrange, all with excellent results.

Since 11/04, I've also shot several whitetails and a couple dozen coyotes with the Winchester/Olin factory loads fired from a couple different Winchester/USRA rifles. I have had nothing but great luck with both the rifles and the factory ammo. I like the 25 WSSMs so much that I bought 2 stainless Ultimate Shadows and 2 stainless Coyotes to put aside for my kids to have when they come of age to hunt.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote