THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Want to buld an M4 Left handed

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Want to buld an M4 Left handed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Desire to build up a M4 (stag arms left upper) and would like to know who on AR has insight into such a project. I have looked around on AR15 but that forum is really hard to use, unlike this one. Anyone out there with some experience as to barrel length, customizations needed, etc. to make this both functional from a tactical standpoint but also accurate enough for varmiting.

Appreciate any posts or PM's

York, SC

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cruise down to the "Lefties" site on AR; recent discussion there on building a Stag AR.

Posts: 639 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 28 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Personaly I would not build an M4 for hunting. I owned a Bushmaster M4 and it was good for what it was designed for and that is close quarter combat. To me the lightweight short barrel just did not work well for any kind of distance shooting. I would recomend something more like I built if you want to mount a scope and shoot varmits. I built an E3, 20 inch stainless HBAR, with an aluminum full float handguard. I am a lefty but built a right hand rifle as the ejected brass will not bother a lefty. Resale on a left handed AR could be difficult. I went with the 1:9 twist as I only use 55 and 62 grain bullets. This rifle has weight to it and holds very well. I only wish Pennsylvania allowed semi's for hunting as this would be a great yote and groundhog rifle. I use it for busting gongs at 300 yards at the local club.

Don Nelson
Sw. PA.

Posts: 622 | Location: PA. U.S.A. | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jacobyte but I am not concerned about resale. If I were, I would not own any left handed rifles. I am not sure what you mean by an E3 but I did plan to fit this with a 20" heavey barrel. Would apprecaite any ideas on building a rifle of this type.

York, SC

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigBBear:
Thanks Jacobyte but I am not concerned about resale. If I were, I would not own any left handed rifles. I am not sure what you mean by an E3 but I did plan to fit this with a 20" heavey barrel. Would apprecaite any ideas on building a rifle of this type.

O.K. you stated M4 and that is not a 20 inch rifle. E2 is a rifle with carry handle and open sights, E3 is a flat top. Different suppliers call things by different numbers. I would recomend you check out this site.
http://www.model1sales.com
It will show you the different styles of AR's. There are many places to but parts kits. I built mine from these guys and another from M&A Sales.
As for lefty that is your choice I was only giving my opinion. Feel free to contact me for any help you need.

Don Nelson
Sw. PA.

Posts: 622 | Location: PA. U.S.A. | Registered: 12 May 2002Reply With Quote