THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    .22 -.30 Sabot has anyone tried them?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.22 -.30 Sabot has anyone tried them?
 Login/Join

<Kimmo E>
posted
Using a 22 cal bullet in 308 cal barrel.
3006 55gr 4200fs. I saw it at www.eabco.com

Kimmo

<Lefty223>
posted
Tried them in 7.62x39 Russian, that otherwise shoots 2" groups @ 100 yards. Using their rather limited reloading data and Nosler 55gr Ballistic Tips in the sabots, NONE showed up on the 28" wide x 36" tall target backer at 100 or 50 yards!! I did not try them @ 25 yards as I was too damn cold.

<maglun>
posted
quote:
Originally posted by Kimmo E:
Using a 22 cal bullet in 308 cal barrel.
3006 55gr 4200fs. I saw it at www.eabco.com

Kimmo

I havent used that ammo, but a have used the swedish armys 7,62x51 (.308w/7.62 Nato) in sabot version, during military services.

se http://medlem.tripodnet.nu/Coonan/eframe3.html

for more info.

Whit that ammo, in the swedish PSG90 (prick skytte gev�r ~ sniper rifle 90) the acuracy whas very good, but the biggest advantage whas the extreamly flat parabel.
(excuse me for the poor english)

you dident have to know exactly how far avay the target is. 400 Meters or 450 M no big diferens.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty:
Tried them in 7.62x39 Russian, that otherwise shoots 2" groups @ 100 yards.

Thats because the 7.62x39 has a .311 bore. So if you where using .308 sabots you would not get nearly the amount of spin needed to stabilize them.

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote