New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tikka Sporter .223
 Login/Join

<Eagle Eye>
posted
I have been looking at the Tikka Sporter in .223 for target shooting and was wondering if anyone out there has any first hand knowledge and experience with it. Also, which scope and power do you recommend....I'll be shooting for accuracy at 100 and 200 yards. Thanks

<reload>
posted
Haven't heard much about the tikka! A shooter that I shoot with uses a CZ which has a set trigger.We both use a Weaver T36 scope and it works better than a number of other that we have tryed. We shoot at a 3/4" dot at 200 yards and the crosshairs in the weaver doesn't cover the dot like most scopes, if you don't use a good target scope you will be unhappy and the weaver is the best buy for the money. You can get one on the internet for around $300.00. Good Luck

<reloaderman>
posted
I've got a Tikka Varmit in .223 Rem, Great gun!
I shoot in our local club's benchrest matches and it scares the guys with the custom guns! A real tack driver with a 8-24X Tasco varmit scope.

<JoeM>
posted
You wont regret owning a Tikka. I have one in 17 Remington, and it is a fine shooter. Many very accurate little groups with it.

<QUARTERBORE>
posted
I own a Tikka in 30-06 I paid less than $500 new for it. I also own a custom built 06 that I paid over $2500 for,The Tikka will outshoot the custom every time. The smart money will go with the Tikka ( and don't tell my wife about the custom ) [Razz]

one of us
posted Hide Post
My brother's new Tikka .243, is a sub moa shooter out of the box with 2 different factory loads.
He put the top of the line Bushnell on it, I don't remember the exact model but the scope was about $350.00.

[ 10-01-2002, 07:23: Message edited by: TERRY8mm ]

Posts: 260 | Location: ky. | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote