THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: Best OTC 6mm varmit/target gun

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Best OTC 6mm varmit/target gun
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have never been a savage man, but have had incredible luck with remington heavy barreled rifles, namely the vs and vls series. I have owned 6 different vs and vls rifles over the years and none have shot larger than .6, with taylored handloads. Some have outshot custom rigs that have cost 3 or 4 times as much. You can get a new in box 243 or 6mm in a vls for arounds 550$. Damn fine rifles in my opinion.

Posts: 485 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 17 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I guess if I had to go get one in the morning, I'd look for a Savage HB in the 6mm chambering!(.243 Winchester would suffice!!! nickel of one, 5 cents of the other) That's from someone who owns a bunch of 700's and also just happens too have one chambered(VLS in 6mm) in the catagory you mention that has done .571" at 400 yards! The Savage comes with a "dummy proof" adjustable trigger, pillar bedded and floated, and will shoot!!! My .204 VLP just did a .317@200 yards a couple days ago and the neighbor's 22-250 will do under .5 with "White Box" Winchesters from Wally World!! Nothing done to these Savages!! The Remington is bedded, and the trigger is set to 18 oz with a bit of time and work! My blood runs green but these Savages are making me sit back and take another look!! GHD

Posts: 2495 | Location: SW. VA | Registered: 29 July 2002Reply With Quote