Find
Notify
Tools

1909 Argie for 6.5x55
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted
Like the title says, any thoughts on using this action for a 6.5x55 for a mild recoiling deer slayer?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't be any issues, other than possibly/maybe the extractor.

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
I say go for it.

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
tu2doesn't come much better. Go for it. claproger beer

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a nice hunter if well done.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Before purchasing your particular action make sure and have it checked to see if there is any lug setback.

Posts: 2059 | Location: Mpls., MN | Registered: 28 June 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
Like the title says, any thoughts on using this action for a 6.5x55 for a mild recoiling deer slayer?

The 6.5x55 swede feeds perfect(round nose & spitzer) in my all orig. 1909 Arg. should be a easy conversion. Wink

Posts: 2360 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dulltool17
posted Hide Post
Great Caliber.
Great Platform.
Same Bolt face Diameter.
I say you can't go wrong, Blue.

Your only risk is the quizzical looks you'll get from your fellow Mainers, who are carrying either something of .30 Cal, .35 Cal, or something masked "Black Rifle" mystique. hilbily

Doug Wilhelmi
NRA Life Member

Posts: 7503 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 15 October 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
My buddy carries around a marlin xlr in 35 rem in ss when it is bad out. I love that gun for close cover whitetail in the crap.

idea is a gun for my little girl who is coming along. the 6.5x55 is a dream to shoot too.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Perfect match. As stated the boltface/extractor dimensions are real close to the Swede. My examples all accept the Swede case. The 1909 Argy action is unique in that it has straight taper feed rails vs the "pinched" rails with other Mauser calibers. I find they feed just about anything. You may want to substitute a Swede follower if you have issues with the stnd one.

Posts: 3786 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote