New
Find
Notify
Tools

6.5x55 Surplus Ammo?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
While the 6.5x55 fans are looking at this, I'm wondering if anyone knows of a source for that 6.5x55 mil.surplus ammo that I used to see piled up in every gun shop?

It is in 20 rnd boxes and in multi-box 200rnd battle packs:

Marked:
6,5 mm sk ptr m/94
prj m/41
prickskytte

both my 6.5x55s like it real well!

Thanks for any help!!!

Les

Posts: 1261 | Location: Clearwater, FL and Union Pier, MI | Registered: 24 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I haven't seen any of it anywhere since I bought my first 6.5 a year ago!
I opted for the Sellior & Bellot 139 grain soft point ammo for $9 and change per 20 round box. It was as cheap as I could find and thought I'd use it up then load the brass for my own loads.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would say that that ammo (as surplus) is getting more scarce. It's now a long time since it (the 6,5 SM) was replaced. I used to get hold of some until a few years back, now it's easier to reload.

Posts: 544 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 27 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LH and others might want to check out Samco. They were selling a 250 round box of 6.5 mil surp on a cloth web belt(Machine Gun ammo?) and calling it 146 grained projectiles. Wrong, my scale said it is 139.9 grains. My box did not have the Prick label but did have an area that looked as if a label may have come off. Another poster has stated that he had gotten a box with the Prick label on his shipment. It is a little pricey but I wanted some, hopefully, for some pressure comparisons. 20 round boxes are scarce but can sometimes be found. best-o-luck

Posts: 267 | Location: Tampa | Registered: 01 March 2002Reply With Quote