THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    does anyone use an abolt 257?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

does anyone use an abolt 257?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a chance to buy an as new Browning ABOLT in 257 roberts for $500. Should i? I already have 4 other roberts including a rem. mountain rifle.

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tom ga hunter: My main go to Elk Hunting buddy here in Montana uses a Browning A-Bolt in 25/06 for Bear, Elk, Antelope, Mule Deer and Whitetails! He has had it for 8 years that I know of and has had no problems at all with it.
I do not know anyone with an A-Bolt in 257 Roberts but I would expect the same quality and accuracy as my friend enjoys.
I hope someone else can add to my second hand (but up close) obsevrations.
Good luck if you decide to go for it!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd buy it--should be a great quality rifle

Posts: 139 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 22 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would have to be a very nice A-Bolt for me to pay $500

Posts: 1547 | Location: Lafayette, Louisiana | Registered: 18 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'd go for it. The Bob is a sentimental favourite of mine. I have not had a lot of experience with the A-Bolt, but the ones I have seen have shot very well - I've always attributed that to the 3-lug action? Apart from some of them being a bit shiny, I think they are very nice looking rifles. Often they come in sizes well matched to the caliber they are chambered for.
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got a Micro-Medallion in .257 Roberts. It shoots the Hornady 117 gr BTSP Custom loads into 1/2" on a regular basis, only over 3/4" if I've had too much coffee or my wife yelled at me that morning....