Find
Notify
Tools

Budget 257 Weatherby ?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of OldFart
posted
I remember a post a few months ago that one of the bigger gunmakers was now making a budget 257 Weatherby. Does anyone know who that is?
Thanks in advance

one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe that the Weatherby Vanguard is going to be available in .257WM very soon, or they might be on the shelves already.

Posts: 99 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OldFart
posted Hide Post
I believe thats it. Thanks for the info.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I saw one locally in 257 Weatherby. Would rather see it in 257 Roberts myself tho instead.!!

Cheers and Good shooting
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seafire;
While hitting the pawnshops a couple of days ago I seen
a Remington ADL Synthetic in .257 Roberts. Where did these
come from? Didnt even know they were being produced already
have a .257R so didnt take the plunge. I know a couple of
years ago Savage made a run of 110 synthetics in .257R but
these didnt seem to last long, and not much was said about
them. Regards, 19R

Posts: 99 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think last year (or maybe the year before) Rem made runs of ADL Synthetics in 6mm, .257R , 25-06, .260, and 7-08 (not all at the same time though).

Posts: 105 | Location: CO | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OldFart
posted Hide Post
Seafire,
What is sad is that I was trying to get the quarterbores out of my blood. I got rid of a couple of 257 JDJ barrels and a 257 Weatherby Encore barrel (That one I regret). Then my daughter wanted to go deer hunting with me. Since I can never do anything easy, I have a couple of VZ24 actions that are now in the process of becoming sporter 257 Roberts. Trouble is that I am now missing the 257 Weatherby barrel, so I'm thinking of picking up something to pacify me until I get the VZ24's completed. I still haven't ruled out the 25 WSM.
Good Shooting

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just recently bought a 257 Weatherby Mag. Mark 5. They aren't cheap but its a real good Deer rifle. Hope you find what you're looking for. I've heard the 257 Vanguard was reasonable.

Posts: 2209 | Location: Delaware | Registered: 20 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Old Far*, I just cant bring myself to spelling it out., LOL

I have never had a 257 Roberts, but my favorite cartridge is the 257 Roberts necked up to 6.5 mm. 25 caliber and 6.5 mm are so close, I consider them to be pretty much the same. Any difference, minus the lack of bullet selection in the the 25 cal, is purely academic.

I am not much on those super short magnums but the one in 25 Caliber almost makes sense to me. A 25/284 or a 25 Winchester Short Mag makes some sense to me, more so than a 25/06, because they are more efficient. ( not knocking anyone's 25/06, just my personal opinion for seafire, no one else.)

Still a 257 Roberts or a 250 Savage,, and even the 25/35 seem to me like good old cartridges. Guess when you get old, OLDER becomes better one day. Like I'd rather have a 1950 Buick with a straight 8 any day over a new 2004 Cadillac

How big a hammer do we need??

Cheers and Good shooting
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote