New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage M40 Varmint?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just saw an ad for Savage's Model 40 Varmint Hunter, "pinpoint accuracy at a suprisingly low price" they say. It's available in Hornet, .223 and .204. Anybody got one, shot one, or seen one?

Posts: 8169 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, I haven't, but you can bet I'll be following the responses to your post. I also am interested in one and am tired of shelling out a small fortune to get an accurate varmint rifle. Savage has always been good in terms of accuracy, and this model 40 even looks nice to boot. They changed the front end on their laminated model 12 and 112 this year so its also quite attractive now. Maybe they won't call Savage "the ugly rifle" much longer. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They aren't out, just yet. Should be available soon enough, give them another couple of months. I suspect that Savage is having a hard time keeping up with orders for their new .204s in the 10-12 series. They can only make so many barrels at once!

Posts: 116 | Location: KY | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of muskrat
posted Hide Post
Cal
They can call them ugly all they want, they will out shoot and cost $200 dollars less then any Remington or Winchester!
And the triggers on the accura-trigger beat anything on the new Remington or Winchesters!
JMHO
muskrat
live to shoot-shoot to live!

Posts: 287 | Location: central ohio | Registered: 05 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's a shame that Savage isn't putting the accutrigger on the Model 40 - I bet they would really get some interest in this rifle if they did.

Posts: 226 | Location: Western Maryland | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote