THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Anyone need 20 Tactical dies?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone need 20 Tactical dies?
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
Well I for one do!

This will be my first wildcat and it has been fun so far but I'm getting to the stage where I'll need some dies in the near future. I have decided to try and make them myself, isn't that part of the fun of a wildcat?

One thing that I have discovered is that a 223 die can resize the body, so all I would need to make is a die to resize the shoulder and neck. I coincidentally found out that a Lee 222 die does an adequate job of crimping, I haven't tried it with a 223 but that would probably work too.

So all I need is a neck sizer die, and either some 7/8" threaded rod or machine my own with some bar stock. Now, if I make a reamer and go through all this trouble of getting it set up, it wouldn't be much more trouble to make a few others for fellow shooters who have a gun but not the dies yet.

Anyway, are there many fellow shooters out there who have a gun but need a die?

Oh, another thing- I wouldn't be charging any money for this. I think some sort of barter type arrangement would be more appropriate and more in the spirit of what this forum was founded on.

Just reply to this thread for the time being and if it looks like it might be a go then I can start emailing.

Mark

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is this case just a 223 necked down, with the shoulder still in the same place?

If so, you could use a Redding 223 body die for those rare times when you need to push the shoulder back, and a Redding Type S neck die, with a bushing of somewhere around the .225 mark (depending upon the thickness of the neck) to do your neck sizing.

Posts: 121 | Location: Southern Australia | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote