THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Mannlicher Schoenaur 6.5 X 54 Rear Sight

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mannlicher Schoenaur 6.5 X 54 Rear Sight
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know where I could get an original rear aperture sight for a Mannlicher Schoenaur Model 1903 in 6.5 X 54mm caliber?

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dear Indy,

Are you referring to the Lyman 36 that mounted on the side and swiveled out of the way as the bolt cycled? Or something else? E-bay is one possibility for the former.

Thanks,
Washougal Chris

Posts: 116 | Location: Washougal, WA | Registered: 26 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If the Lyman 36 works, that's great. Thanks, Chris.

Indy

Life is short. Hunt hard.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi guys,

The Lyman 38 is the swinging peep site. You can also use the Lyman 2A which mounts directly on the rear of the bolt. Look in a 1939 Shooters Bible for photos and specs on both sights. I have a 2A on my 1903. As to finding them, occasionaly seen at gunshows, but I would suggest keeping an eye on ebay (search "mannlicher") and the gun auction sites. I see them listed every 4-8 weeks.

LLS

Posts: 996 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 October 2004Reply With Quote