THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Noslers new 6.5mm/.264" cartridge, the 26 Nosler!

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Noslers new 6.5mm/.264" cartridge, the 26 Nosler!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
G'Day Fella's,

Apparently, as above, Nosler have released a new 6.5mm cartridge (the .26 Nosler), that is the most powerful 6.5mm cartridge on the planet! It will fit in a .30-06 length action but no word (as yet) on the parent cartridge but apparently, it doesn't have a belt!

6.5-375 Ruger?
6.5-404 Jeffery?

The factory ballistics put a 129 Nosler AB's at 3400fps, out of a 26" barrel! Obviously, Brass and Barrel makers, will love these spec's!!!

I'm sure that in good time, all will be revealed!

Doh!
Homer

Lick the Lolly Pop of Mediocrity Just Once and You Will Suck For Life!

Posts: 459 | Location: Canberra, Australia | Registered: 21 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't see any reason to trade in my 264. Guess they're trying to reinvent the 6.5x68.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
It was posted on the medium bore forum a couple days ago.

26 Nosler

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is the most powerful "commercial" 6.5 on the planet. The 6.5STW will still out speed it. I have read guys getting over 3500 fps with the STW and a 130 grain bullet, but barrel life sucks.

I do like the fact that the Nosler will fit in a standard action. I think I will stick with my 264WM.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys:
It is the most powerful "commercial" 6.5 on the planet.

That's like saying that it's the most powerful subcompact car on the planet.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It may be difficult if you see a roe deer at 30y and you have to back of 200y before you shot it to have normal meat damage.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nordic2:
It may be difficult if you see a roe deer at 30y and you have to back of 200y before you shot it to have normal meat damage.

You just need to use the right bullets and it will be fine Smiler

Posts: 461 | Location: Norway | Registered: 11 November 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
Had built a 6.5 WSM and an extra bbl in .338 WSM. Both are excellent. However, I do like that 6.5WSM just a little better. Guess that could be put down to the lesser recoil.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote