THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Need .22 Mag or .22 Hornet auxilliary adaptor for 5.6x57RWS

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need .22 Mag or .22 Hornet auxilliary adaptor for 5.6x57RWS
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted
I have a real nice Savage Anschutz in 5.6x57 RWS. It looks like the one John Amber used for testing the caliber in the 1969 Gun Digest, except mine has a little thicker recoil pad. Does anyone know of a source for the auxilliary adaptors (or whatever they are called) for shooting .22 Mags or .22 Hornets from the rifle?

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
Mannlicher Collectors Assn
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 98 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted Hide Post
Thank you for taking the time to post the lead.

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
KCCA
IAA

Posts: 473 | Location: central Kansas | Registered: 26 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted Hide Post
I contacted Ace Dube at MCA Sports in Alaska. He is going to make me two adapters for my 5.6x57 RWS, one for .22 Mag and one for .22 Hornet. I wanted one for .218 Bee since I am long on .218 Bee brass. However, the Bee is too wide and would intrude on the extractor groove.

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
KCCA
IAA

One of Us
Picture of steyrsteve
posted Hide Post
Contacted Woody Woodall at Lothar-Walther, Germany. They can not import any of their Auxilliary Adapters into the U.S. due to some recently passed law.

NRA Life Member
DRSS-Claflin Chapter
KCCA
IAA