New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a neat one
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Guys why does it always happen? Here it is two days till Christmas and I find a Kimber (old style) left handed in 22 Hornet. It looks like it just came out of the box. How am I ever going to convince mamma of the desperate need for this fine rifle? Should I go with the investment argument or just go with the tried and true, "it's easier to get forgiveness than permission"?

Posts: 993 | Location: Wasilla, AK | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
I've found that my firearms tend to stick around longer then my wives. Hell women come in one basic model, more or less and there's no shortage of them. Can you say the same about really fine rifles?
Jim

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
why even tell her? just sneak it in and hide with the rest of the guns in the safe, then if she asks, tell it's been here quite a while...my friend does that whenever his mothers asks him about the gun he bought just 12 hrs ago [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I usually try to do what Curtis suggests, But when that fails I find that your second axiom, "it's easier to get forgiveness than permission", rings true. [Wink]

Incidentally, this just occurred to me today, as the warden, er I mean wife, beat me home from work as the nice man from UPS was stopping by. [Eek!]

Posts: 240 | Location: Downers Grove, Illinois | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Heh. Awhile back, put my wife on the airplane to visit her kids and stopped at a rifle shop on the way home. A heavy-barrelled 700 in .243 was in the used rack and I had dies for a 6mm-284 at home. I called her up ( cross-country ) and explained the situation, and she was over it by the time she got back a month later.

Posts: 14631 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"it's easier to get forgiveness than permission"?

Always the best policy, the rifle will be gone if you ask.

JB

Posts: 129 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Jeff Alexander
posted Hide Post
Buy it, and if mamma gives you a hard time - you can send it to me! There is always room for another neat left-handed rifle in my safe! Merry Christmas - Jeff

Posts: 1002 | Location: Dixieland | Registered: 01 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the great input, I think. I work 7 on, 7 off, 12 hour days. When I get off this 7 day on stretch and the rifle is still there I will consider it. She was really nice to me this Christmas, getting me a cute little Thompson Center 36 caliber muzzleloader so I shouldn't push my luck. She is a real keeper.The wife that is. Mart

Posts: 993 | Location: Wasilla, AK | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote