THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Win Laser, .22LR: 40-gr bullet at 1592 fps?!?!

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Win Laser, .22LR: 40-gr bullet at 1592 fps?!?!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I posted this on the rimfire board as well, but thought I might get some info here too. I was reading the .22LR test on the Reloading Page. Win Laser ammo (never heard of it before) is listed as a 40 gr bullet, but the CZ 452 is pushing them at 1592 fps!! The Ruger and Anschutz were able to get them over 1400 fps as well. I've tried doing a Google search, but can only find sources in Scotland and Russia, of all places. Is this something Win releases overseas but not yet in the US, like they did with the Power-Points in Aus? Is it still produced, and if so, do you think the release of CCI's Velocitor will spur them to bring it to the US? Thanks.

<Don Martin29>
posted
I would like to have that Laser velocity but it has to work. I hunt with a Win M-61 and to be frank it does not group that well with any of the hyper velocity rounds until the Velocitor came out. That round shoots extremely well in this rifle.

Before that I had always used the 37 gr Rem Hi-Speed. Now it's the new CCI load.

<tgwh>
posted
Winchester Laser is manufactured in Australia, and is the second fastest Winchester 22rf round next to Expediter.
Yes you will get 1450fps+ from this round. Cases are nickel plated to distinguish them from standard rounds.
I have owned a number of 10/22's which have all been notoriously fussy over their ammunition preferences , however all shoot very well with Laser ammo. This round is noticably flatter out to 100 yards (as you would expect) than standard HV .22 ammo. It is also noticably louder.
Most 'hyper' velocity ammo use lighter weight projectiles to gain velocity, however Winchester have used a different powder to stroke more fps out of the 40gr projectile.
If you can get some, give it a go. It looks to be more accurate than many other 'hyper' velocity RF rounds.

posted Hide Post
i know these bullets are redily available in OZ. I dont shoot them at the moment but i have had a brick or two in the past. They come in a black box with the writing in silver......I shot them from a krico .22lr which shot them wonderfully well....that being said i think that rifle shoots nearly everything well.

Posts: 18 | Location: Adelaide, South Australia | Registered: 17 September 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Hutzpah-
posted Hide Post
I have been to the range today trying to find .22 rimfire ammo that would group well in my CZ scout (little!!).
What a pain adjusting the scope up down left right all over the place.
Tryed CCI stinger-remmington yellow jacket-winchester Bushman hollow point-highland RX.
Then I tryed winchester laser hollow point and had a complete turn around
the rifle started to shot in one place soon I had it on the dot with a lovely little group.
Smiler cheers Cool
Good ammo try it.

Hutzpah

Posts: 24 | Location: Mamaku New Zealand | Registered: 23 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of greghud
posted Hide Post
this is my zastava .22s favorte round it is loud but i get under 1 inch at 50 and didnt realise that it was as quick as stated! anyway i am hapy and sugest that if available give it a go.
greg

Posts: 383 | Location: top end oz | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote