Find
Notify
Tools

6XC
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted
I had a talk with my gunsmith and he found an slightly used 6mm barrel in his stockpile, a barrel i can get for a good price . The caliber was chosen before abd that is the 6xc . The barrel is an Shilen Select Match, so that barrel was sold after 10 seconds of consideration, it has twist 1-10 so it can use various standard bullets.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm shooting a Pac Nor 6XC in a Savage s/shot...very well balanced cartridge..higher velocity/less powder/pressure than a 243...mine is an 8 twist 27" x 1.055" no taper..powders I use are H4350..H4895..BLC...using Win & Nosler 22-250 cases now..but Norma is producing XC cases now...Your 10T barrel will work well with 55-90 gr bullets..I'd stay with the 75 & 87 V max if a varmint rig..

Posts: 220 | Location: Utah | Registered: 21 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
I dont know what style it is on the barrel , but he will come send some pictures soon of it and the specs and twist also.

But its an good priced way to get to try an fine round for match shooting and hunting .

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Here's a pic of mine on recent p/dog shoot.....using it three summers now..scope is Burris Sig Select 6-24...Choate Varminter stock..works well from 600-1200 yds..Nosler 80 BTs & Sierra 107 MKs..

Posts: 220 | Location: Utah | Registered: 21 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Thats an fine rig, my rifle will be buildt upon this one, an Krico 308 lenght receiver.

I think it will be an fine all versatile rig for different use on hunting and shooting .

Im not sure of scope for it, but an 6-24 would be fine on it, but im not certain yet what ill choose.