THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    FS 2000 With Sling, Light and sites w/pics.................

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FS 2000 With Sling, Light and sites w/pics.................
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
These guns might not be up everyone's alley but I thought some of you might find them of a little interest. Please excuse the poor quality of these pics. I'll try and get some better ones outdoors when possible.

Here is my FS2000 with the Urban E.R.T. sling, Yankee Hill BUIS, and a Surefire M-3t mounted in the Forend:

The sling is in Single Point mode in this pic. To get the regular Surefire flashlights to work you need the XMxx Dual Switch Tailcap Assembly. It runs out the upper rear of the forend assembly and out the side. I still need to rig the button for the push on/off.

I went with the Yankee Hill sites because I wanted a set that would Co-Witness through the EOTECH. There are several good sets, the Yankee hills aren't too bad and you can use a regular site tool on the front site. I think the GG&G's may be nicer but for $320 vs $200 the Yankee Hills will work for now.
The mag is a Brownell's Chrome-Silicon with a Mag-Pull anti-tilt follower and a Magpul Ranger Floorplate. They worked fine if you inserted the mag with the bolt release at the rear and then released it. If you have the bolt forward and inserted the mag they would jam after the 1st round if you loaded 30. I don't out of habit so it's not an issue but it is something you might want to test if you are using the longer legged Mag-Pull followers they are a little tighter when loaded with 30 than some others I've tried.

Here's a comparison pic with an AR and a light:

The heads will interchange between the Surefire's and the XMxx Tailcap will also work with the 2 battery Surefire's. The 3 battery model just fits as you can see, it's against the rear and sticks that far out the front.
Both the FS-2000 and the AR are really fun to shoot. I like the trigger far better on the AR but the FS is just fun to shoot - I tried it with one hand at someones suggestion and it's balances better than my Smith 500 (kicks a lot less too Big Grin

You can order the extra Forends from FN 800-635-1321. Mine was only $10 + 6.50 shipping. They are part # Bfs000056. They are marked inside for where to cutout for the flashlights etc. It's well worth $16.50 to not change your original forend and have an extra that you can modify. Now if I could just find that grenade launcher Smiler ..........................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DJ,

what torch is on the AR ??

As you know we can't own semi's in Australia, closest thing we can have is the Rem 7600 Pump guns like the 7615p etc.

I own a 7600p in .308, I have mounted an aimpoint comp ml3 on it using a Badger Max 50 ring, and I want to get a Tri-Rail so I can fit a flash lite thats why I ask.

are the lasers any good and if so what brands do you reccomend ?, there are a lot of them on e-bay for reasonable prices.

Those rifles look cool Cool

cheers pc.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rick R
posted Hide Post
Nice! I'd give it a 9.9 on the kewl meter. thumb

How does it shoot?

Posts: 1912 | Location: Charleston, WV, USA | Registered: 10 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PC, The "Torch" on the front of the AR is a Surefire 900A that I swapped out the head on. The fronts of the flashlights will swap out between the two in the picture and my handheld Surefire M3t light. They have 2 different bulbs for them with anywhere from 125 to 225 Lumens.
The vertical foregrip light is neat, you just flip 1 lever and it clamps on to a Picatinny rail. They are pretty expensive though. Surefire makes a bunch of different weapons lights you might want to check them out here:

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/strfn...ame/weapons_overview

Their stuff isn't the cheapest but it's some of the very best. If you can get them down under they are well worth trying. I'm starting to migrate towards the LED lights. They aren't quite as bright but are getting there, but the light elements last next to forever and the battery life is better. Also worth looking into.

Rick, The little FS2000 has about the worst trigger I've ever tried to use. Despite that it shoots very well. I think on a decent day it will probably shoot under 1 MOA with good ammo. It is a lot more accurate than my Sig 556 which has an very good trigger. Neither can touch the little Knight SR-15 A4 though - that gun is a drill even with 1x optics it likes to touch bullet holes at 100yds..............................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote