New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: New Yote Rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The fact that you're looking at the 260 tells me that you think you need more bullet weight and better sectional density than the common 55 gr 22 cals.My suggestion,if you don't mind packing a bit more weight,get a Sendero in 25-06 or a VLS in 243 or 6mm.Mount the Zeiss on one of these and you'll have a great long range coyote blaster.

Posts: 588 | Location: Sherwood Park,Alberta,Canada | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 260 Rem. is a very inherently accurate cartridge. After shooting one in 600 and 1000 yard competition I was very impressed and had one built to hunt with. It hits a coyote very hard with a 90 gr. Speer TNT on top of IMR 4064. I am getting 3465 accurate fps. from my 24" Krieger barrel. The 95 gr. Amax, the 100 gr. Sierra Varminter, or the 100 gr. Nosler Partition would also work very well as a coyote thumper. In my opinion you picked a very good cartridge.

May I be half the man my grandson thinks I am....RiverRat

Posts: 413 | Location: Owensville, Indiana USA | Registered: 04 July 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I myself thought up along time ago that the 260 was an excellent cartridge to reload seeing how its won competitions it should provide you with the accuracy you need down range when you settle in with 1 load.

posted Hide Post
Thank you for all your opinions and support although I have a sendero and I wouldnt mind buying another however I wanted to sheed some light on the titanium anyone ever play with one? Reason reguarding weight and the long long barrel life it offers not sure how the out of the box accuracy is thats why I came here.

Thanks.

Dan