THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Portable shooting bench recommendations?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Portable shooting bench recommendations?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Not sure where I should put this so thought start here.

I am going to a squirrel shoot in March, need to take a shooting bench with me, anybody here used any portable ones? Feedback? Looking for the cheaper ones 150 and under. There are some cabelas carries, a couple of which looked good.

Thanks guys.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
A shooting buddy recently bought one and he was dissappointed with it ($99). I will find out what brand it was and let you know so you don't make the same mistake.

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Steve E.
posted Hide Post
Go by your local Office Depot type store and pick up a 4 ft. folding table, usually you can find them from $25.00 up. If for some reason you find it too flimsy just cover the table top with your desired thickness of plywood, it's one of the cheapest shooting benches/tables I have ever found and has plenty of room to put things on the table. I use my range box for a seat and it works out perfect. And it'll fit in most mid size and some compact car trunks.

Steve E..........

NRA Patron Life Member
GOA Life Member
North American Hunting Club Life Member
USAF Veteran

Posts: 1836 | Location: Semo | Registered: 31 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Another way to go is buy a Workmate, get a piece of good 3/4"plywwod cut the shape you want, mount a length of 4x4 undernieth, get a apropriate hright stool & you are off to the shoot. The nice thing is you can use the workmate around the house, folds up easy for storage.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I do have a folding 2'x4' table that is hell for sturdy. I am taking it withme anyways for putting things on, I guess I can have my stepfather bring his round table we cook on in camp and we can use mine for shooting. would let a couple of guys setup, one can spot while one shoots. thanks guys.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Flippy
posted Hide Post
ALL good ideas. You guys are thrifty. And
I thought I was good...

I already HAVE a Workmate, I HAVE a good folding table.

Why do I need to go out and buy a shooting bench?

JUST A TYPICAL WHITE GUY BITTERLY CLINGING TO GUNS AND RELIGION

Definition of HOPLOPHOBIA

"I'm the guy that originally wrote the 'assault weapons' ban." --- Former Vice President Joe Biden

Posts: 1700 | Location: Lurking somewhere around SpringTucky Oregon | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i got one of cabela cheap ones, & it works fine. another cheap one is an ironing board

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote