Tools

Re: Remington 700 lvsf
 Login/Join

posted
No one has shot this gun?

David

one of us
posted Hide Post
David, I have an LVSF in 223 and I love it. It is more accurate than my Remington LTR in 223. My complaint is that for not having a floor plate, nor a HS bedding stock it is a bit overpriced. I call it my PA, Platnium ADL. I also don't like the kick ease type pad, it serves no purpose on a 223 and makes the stock a bit to long. You wanted a report and that covers it. Even with my gripping don't forget this sucker shoots!!! Jim

Posts: 411 | Location: Smack, in the middle of Oklahoma | Registered: 18 August 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the post! It seems to me that the LVSF platform with the overkill of a recoil pad would make a great light weight med cal rifle. If it were chambered in 7mmWSM, 300WSM, or similar it would be an GREAT deer gun. What do you think?

Anyway, is it worth the price in its current configuration? If you had to do it again would you go with something different? BTW, I intend to buy a 22-250 or 204 for coyote, and prefer a light, easy to manage platform.

Thank you.

David

posted Hide Post
Koos,
I have the .223 and it is a great shooter. 5 shot groups always under 1". It needed a trigger job, but otherwise original. Stock is nice, rigid, good design, pillar bedded. You are right, I have checked the catalog 3 times to see if it is avail in a 308 etc.
Dan Farr

Posts: 24 | Location: Post Falls, Idaho | Registered: 11 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
7-08 is also an option now. seems like a heavy TI for the money but i guess the extra 1.5# helps steady the rifle..
woofer

Posts: 741 | Location: vermont. thanks for coming, now go home! | Registered: 05 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
David, I have a Model 7 stainless, LTR, and the LVSF. The LVSF is the pick of the litter. Mine also shoots .5 and always under an 1". If you want one go for it, they shoot. Jim

Posts: 411 | Location: Smack, in the middle of Oklahoma | Registered: 18 August 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys!

David

posted Hide Post
Does anyone have information or reviews on the new light varmint gun from Remington?

Thank you.

David