New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Savage Model 40
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I see that Savage has introduced the Model 40 single shot bolt gun. Has anybody handled it?

Is it in any way related to the old Savage model 40 from days past?

Posts: 62 | Location: MN | Registered: 24 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hello 9point3,

It does look similar to the old model 340 doesn't it? I'm impressed with the 24" barrel and the laminated stock. A
heavy barrel rifle that comes in under 8 lbs is a plus factor isn't it? I'd like to get my paws on one to try it out, especially if it has the usual good Savage accuracy. Best wishes.

Cal - Montreal

Posts: 1866 | Location: Montreal, Canada | Registered: 01 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am with Cal on this. I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Price is to be about $400 list, and maybe $350.00 to purchase. One of my local gun shop guys called Savage on it to get the scoop. It will be June or July 1 before they start surfacing.

It has something off of the Savage 340 evidently but is suppose to have the accutrigger tho. It will also have a nice laminate stock on it, made by Boyds evidently, instead of the cheap stocks on the 340s.

I see a good market for it, and I think for a lot of guys in the know for a field rifle, it will become a 'best buy" real fast.
I can see in a couple of years when we will be saying, "remember when they first came out you could buy a Model 40 for under $400.00?"

The 12BVSS has gone up a $100.00 in the last year, or at least what I can get one for now.

Cheers and good shooting
seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote