Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ammo for a 25-06
 Login/Join

posted
hey i am new tot he site but would like some help if i may i have just gone tot he 25-06 and had soem success but was using a silver ballistic tip and am not really happy with the load and the outcome when i shot. too many things can happen i have foudn out including seeing the bullet not penetrate or get pushed out of the vitals and also turing soem insides into jello type substance. i feel they are great for small animals but i am wanting them for anything from deer to possibly even an elk.
what would you suggest for a factory round and even for a reloader round as well.
i am shooting a tc arms encore and have found it to be very accurate and worth their weight in gold.or cash lol.
any help will be appreciated and i am looking for a good all around bullet
thanks
rob k

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
For factory ammo try the Federal 117gn high shock soft point. It flies good and drops deer on the spot.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
thanks big nate and to all i am going to try out some bullets with the barnes x bullet for sure and will try a couple of others. i have decided after doing som searching to keep the ballisitc tips for predetors and go with a good bullet like the barnes or scirroco for hunting bigger critters
rob k