Find
Notify
Tools

Kimber 84
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Hipster
posted
What do you guys think of the Kimber 84? I sure do like the looks of the classic. I have been lusting over another lightweight rifle in a sub 30 chambering. So today I ordered one in .260 Rem. Nice light rifle that in .260 will I think be just right for mulies on the high ground. If I ever get my grubby paws on a sheep tag that is the rifle that will be going for the trip.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
got one like that. and you're right

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought my son a Kimber 84M in 308, making him the happiest 16 year old at the rifle range. Talley alloy ring bases and a Leupold VX-III 2.5-8 make for a well-balanced and attractive setup.

I have a hankering for the 84M Montana in 260 myself...

One of Us
Picture of Hipster
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a hankering for the 84M Montana in 260 myself...

I have one in a 700 mountain I like the rifle just fine but I love the .260 Rem. I can't for the life of me figure out what took me so long to get a .260. Now that I have one and have taken game with it is with out a doubt my favorite cartridge from yotes up to them great big Alberta deer.

I handled a 84M Montana in 7-08 looked at the fit and finish felt that buttery smooth action and the nice lawyer free trigger, and I was sold on Kimber. The walnut with blued steel is just the ticket for me real real purdy. Now I have to start thinking about optics as I do not have any scopes here at all.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have one in 7-08, and on in .243. They would be amoung the very last rifles I would part with.

Posts: 1324 | Location: Oregon rain forests | Registered: 30 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I own three and I am very happy with them. first-rate

Posts: 2268 | Location: Westchester, NY, USA | Registered: 02 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got three of them, and their all good, accurate rifles. IMO, they are the new "riflemans' rifle". I also have a Remington Custom Shop Mountain Rifle. Great rifle, easily shoot MOA with everything I've put through it... just like my Kimbers, only the Remmy cost more.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BlackHawk1
posted Hide Post
I have a Kimber 84M Classic (walnut stock) in .260 Rem that is a keeper. It is my "purdiest" rifle and shoots my handloads consisting of 129gr Hornady SPs over H4831 just under 1 MOA. It doesn't group Remington 140gr factory loads very well, probably due to the 1:9" twist. The 129s however are very accurate and work well on deer. I would recommend one.

BH1

There are no flies on 6.5s!

Posts: 707 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hipster
posted Hide Post
Guys thanks a bunch for the feed back! I figured that the rifle would be up to par. I found a Sako 85 Stainless Lam on Sat with that proper 8" twist for almost the same money as the Kimber. But alas I can't have the Sako for I have already ordered the Kimber and " I already have more than enough rifles" or so I am told Frowner But I need a .280 Rem to fill the gap I have in my safe. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
you are 100% wrong. you can never ever have to many rifles 2020

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote