New
Find
Notify
Tools

BSA 12/15 in .22 Hornet
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just starting to wring out this rifle now, and the 1st results are in... apparently, it really likes the Sierra 45 sp, as I shot 3 consecutive sub-MOA groups with it... That was with new brass, no load development, and 3 different loads. I do believe this one is going to be a keeper.

I only have one problem. I lost the paper slip with the loading data that was in the box... :-(

Ah well, I'll have to start over again! suffice to say, I was shooting a combination of VV N110 and WSP primers.

Next time with some fireformed, necksized brass - I'm having high hopes! This rifle is so nice to shoot I'll end up shooting way too many cartridges per session - no barrel heating up, no earsplitting booms, quite decent accuracy. I'm getting to like the .22 Hornet, no doubt about it!

Also, just finished measuring the latest groups with H&N 45 gr RN bullets and VV N110 POI is quite a bit lower than with jacketed stuff, but the best part is the 0.65 - 1.0 groups I can shoot consistently (when I do my part...). This is NOT a jacketed bullet, but swaged lead, copper-coated with an anti-friction coating. For more information, check out H&N web site . No, I am not linked to this company, and just started testing the bullets, but the results are pretty good... Even with this .22.

Pic below (before the wood was refinished though):

one of us
posted Hide Post
Pretty classic rifle! What scope do you have mounted on it? rollinghills

Posts: 107 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 28 October 2001Reply With Quote