New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ 6.5x55 FS scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I recently purchased a new CZ 550 FS in 6.5x55. I am wanting to mount a scope on it and was looking at a 30mm tube. Would I be able to mount a 30mm tube with a 44mm objective in a set of low rings or would I need to stick with a med ring?
Talking with a guy at the gun shop he said the CZ stock needs a low ring to get a comfortable cheek weld. So i'm looking at trying to stay as low as possible.
I know on my CZ 527 I was able to get a 50mm objective with 1 inch tube in the supplied medium height rings. I have just enough clearance between the barrel and scope but had to modify the butler creek scope cap to fit it.
I haven't made up my mind as far as scopes are concerned so if you have any suggestions I am open to them. I am looking for something variable with the upper end in the 9-10 power range. Not looking for super large objective. I would be content with 35-40mm range. Price range around $500 or less.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Scoshe smaller objective, I,ve got a 2-7x33 Leupold with a 30mm tube on a CZ 550, in low rings from Alaska Arms. With that set up, I,ve got 8.4 mm clearance. I did take a little off the bolt handle to get a little extra clearance..
Theoretically, you should have 4-5mm clearance with a 44mm..
A 3-9x40 VX-R should fit, if you have an interest in an illuminated reticle..

Posts: 806 | Location: Ketchikan, Alaska | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the input Muttly. I may just order the medium ones to play it safe and not have to worry about the bolt hitting the scope. I forgot I had to move my scope back a little on the 527 to avoid making contact with the bolt.

Posts: 743 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: 23 June 2009Reply With Quote