THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Howa thumbhole Varminter owners

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Howa thumbhole Varminter owners
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does your recoil pad say Howa or Boyds, I picked up a used heavy barrel 223 and the guy replaced the stock with a boyds thumbhole, the same exact ones that are used on the factory howa varminters, the reason i am wondering is because i want the use the gun for factory class benchrest shoots and the rules say that the gun must have a factory stock, although the stocks are the same as the ones that come from the factory I dont want a boyds recoil pad to throw up a red flag if the factory stocks say howa. thanks

loud pipes save lives

Posts: 100 | Location: New Enterprise PA | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jpat
posted Hide Post
Mine says nothing! If you need a factory one, Measure yours, hole space included and I can let you know if mine matches. I really would not worry about it. Just tell them the original was beat up and you replaced it. It's only a butt pad. It is a stock configuration.

Posts: 447 | Location: NH | Registered: 09 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Howa Varminter Supreme in 223 came stock with the Boyds laminate stock, recoil pad says Boyds.

Posts: 168 | Location: People's Republic of New Jersey | Registered: 03 May 2005Reply With Quote