THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Alliant Power Pro Varmint powder?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alliant Power Pro Varmint powder?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone tried the new Alliant Power Pro Varmint powder? Any idea of burning rate compared to say, TAC or H335? I saw one post that suggested it was close to Accurate 2520, but would love confirmation. Graf and Sons has a deal on the 8 lb kegs, and I am down to only 8 lbs left of TAC, and I am a miserable cheapskate....
It is a ball powder manufactured here in the USA, so I am guessing it might be real close to W-748.
Appreciate anyone with info or real world experience.
I would be using it for .223 Remington loads for both AR and bolt guns, mostly with 55 gr and under bullets.
Thanks for any comments.

Bullets are pretty worthless. All they do is hang around waiting to get loaded.

Posts: 515 | Location: kennewick, wa | Registered: 18 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
2ndtimer......silencio!
Our little secret ... Remember?

"The right to bear arms" insures your right to freedom, free speech, religion, your choice of doctors, etc. ....etc. ....etc....
-----------------------------------one trillion seconds = 31,709 years-------------------

Posts: 1521 | Location: Just about anywhere in Texas | Registered: 26 January 2008Reply With Quote