New
Find
Notify
Tools

ar15 complete kits-need help
 Login/Join

<glock23er>
posted
I want bulid a ar from a kit can you guys tell me who has the best parts and the best prices and the lower to buy Thanks....

one of us
posted Hide Post
try ar15.com

Posts: 1230 | Location: Saugerties, New York | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg K:
try ar15.com

www.ar15.com

one of us
Picture of bigbore50ak
posted Hide Post
try american spirit arms

Posts: 142 | Location: indiana | Registered: 24 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big Bore
posted Hide Post
You might want to check out www.jtdistributing.com as they have everything you need except the stripped lower receiver. They turn out some pretty good stuff and you can find anything you want, and at any budget. If you don't see what you want on their web page, contact them. They have a lot of options I do not see listed there. As to a lower, Eagle Arms (a division of Armalite), Rock Island Armory, DBPS, Bushmaster...there are lots of good ones out there, none really any better than any of the rest. There are some that sell matched upper and lowers if that is a priority, but then you will have to build the upper from scratch also.

Posts: 641 | Location: Indiana, U.S.A. | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Glock,stay away from dpms stuff.Good luck and enjoy,,,

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
claybuster-

Why do you say that? Personal problems with their stuff? I have one of their DCM models, and have no complaints.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Bushmaster has subgroup parts kits as well. These include the same parts they use in their complete guns and the contract guns they built for the military. Prices are OK.

I'd be very cautious of "military surplus" parts ... have seen some lousy ones out there ... unless you can see them before you buy them.

ARs are a lot of fun!

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BlackHawk1
posted Hide Post
I have a DPMS 20" AR15/HBAR....no problems, very accurate and DPMS has great customer service. However with that being said, the rising star in the AR community is Rock River Arms (RRA). From what I've seen, I'm highly impressed and will more than likely get one of their CMP models early next year (or build one with a Krieger barrel). If you for a RRA build, get a hand matched lower (with NM 2-stage trigger) and upper [Wink] .

JT sells kits based on FN uppers and Del-Ton sells groups of stuff. A dealer by "Pete-in-NH" is a RRA distributer on www.ar15.com with reasonable prices and Norala Tactical Weaponry sells RRA and Bushmaster stuff I believe.

Posts: 707 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2001Reply With Quote