Find
Notify
Tools

6.5x55 BJAI
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted
With the Bob Jourdan improved round, can a standard 6.5x55 be fired to form the case or does it need a false shoulder ? I was thinking of buying a reamer from Pacific Tool and Guage with a 6.5 and a 9.3 pilot bush so I can use it for my 9.3x55 Imp. as well.

Roger

Posts: 1043 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger, my understanding is that Mr. Jourdan worked a lot with Dave Manson on specifications and reamers. I would probably look to him first, or at least get his advice, on the reamer. Since the Jourdan design, as I recall, is the Ackley design moved to cases that Mr. Ackley did not experiment with, then IF the barrel installer does the job properly, then there should not be a need for a false shoulder.

The barrel should be "set back" by .004" and that will provide a slight crush fit for the factory brass and you can just fireform from there. That is the way my 6.5-06AI is set and it works perfectly.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of yumastepside
posted Hide Post
Thanks Larry....don't suppose you'd have some contact details for Dave Manson ?

Roger

Posts: 1043 | Location: Was NSW, now Tas Australia | Registered: 27 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger, he posts here occasionally DManson, I believe. Otherwise it is:
Manson Reamers

david@mansonreamers.com
1-810-953-0732 (tel)

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote