AR15 platform
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
what gun maker has a 204 cal. in a AR15 platform, thanks

Posts: 76 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give a look at DPMS, Les Baer, and Tromix.

one of us
Picture of pdhntr1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by willow:
what gun maker has a 204 cal. in a AR15 platform, thanks

There is a guy in Bemidgi that has a pretty good rep for building ARs. Very well thought of on Predatormasters. Dtech. has many different calibers including 204.

Jim

Please be an ethical PD hunter, always practice shoot and release!!

Praying for all the brave souls standing in harms way.

Posts: 731 | Location: NoWis. | Registered: 04 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remington is offering their AR15 rifle/carbine in the 204 caliber. Believe you will find that it is a Bushmaster in different clothing but not a thing wrong with that. Bushmaster is a good product, perhaps not the very best available, but for normal hunting/sport shooting they do very well indeed. Good company with good after sales back up. Check Rem's web site and believe they call it the Predator and is a camo job and lists for around 950.00 and it is a 9 twist for the 223 version, not sure about the 204. Personally would not opt for the 204 but to each his own. Good luck.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of archer_375
posted Hide Post
I just ordered one from DTECH in Minnesota...DPMS also makes a .204 and Remington's new R-15 comes in .204...Mike at DTech is great to work with, very helpful, knowledgeable.

Posts: 183 | Location: Where the deer and antelope play | Registered: 27 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
not dpms if you want it in a reasonable time period. i ordered a dolled up 260 from them last june and it still isn't here

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had fine service and support from Rock River...believe they make a 204 also...and they are relatively prompt...

Posts: 184 | Location: El Paso, TX | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
thanks for the help guys i will first try Dtech will call them today ,i live 100 miles east of Bemidgi so if i make a deal with them i can drive there and pick it up.

Posts: 76 | Location: minnesota | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John Holliger of White Oak Precision/Arms established his reputation in the Highpower Rifle Competition Arena. He's probably the premier AR builder in that sport right now. He built the Match Rifle that Carl Bernosky used to win the National Highpower Rifle Championship this past year.

He also happens to be making excellent Varmint AR's and has been working on some interesting 20 Cal's including the 204. Not sure if all of his new stuff appears on his website, but he's definitely worth a call.
http://www.whiteoakarmament.com/
Click on "Complete Uppers" on the left column.

Posts: 192 | Location: USA | Registered: 29 January 2003Reply With Quote