THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Barrel twist question (ruger m77)

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Barrel twist question (ruger m77)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi, I just picked up an old ruger m77, tang-saftey, flatbolt, in 6mm rem. Does anybody know what rate of twist these guns have in the rifling? Thanks in advance.
Paul

Posts: 132 | Location: Utah | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
<JBelk>
posted
NICE GUN!!!

Every one I've seen was one in ten.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's not-so-nice in the looks department, but I think it will be a keeper. I have to get out and shoot it. Was kinda hoping it had a slower twist, but oh well.

Posts: 132 | Location: Utah | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just curious how old such a gun is and what makes it so desirable? I have a M77 in 30-06 but it is only 10-12 years old, but has a tang safety.

Thanks

Posts: 871 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
<reload>
posted
If you look in the back of the Sierra Rifle reloading manual on page 1029 it shows that the twist on a 6MM Remington is a 1-9 for the ruger Good Luck

one of us
posted Hide Post
Just measure the twist with a cleaning rod. I had a Ruger that had the wrong twist (7mm Rem Mag).

All that counts is how it shoots. If the twist is 1-9 thru 1-12 so what? Just try it out and make do. There are so many bullet options that will cover the field.

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote