New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yea Looking Good
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well things are looking up with Bulk Bullets no less !.
Here is another target ( note I spare no expenses on my targets ! ) using BLC-2 25.5 grains with 55 grain bulk Winchester or Remington W/out canalure .In my Bushmaster XM15 E2S 20" target H Bar .
I didn't even chrony the loads yet as I see little reason to actually .
# 16 shot total . One fouler lower left # 5 Winchester factory upper left quadrant
# 10 of my loads a dime will cover POA is identical !.

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Nice! I presume that's .223...100 yards? Shows promise!

I break out my AR and hit the range on Sunday - should be fun!

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rnovi:

Where in Orange County is the range you shoot? Confusedroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Roger ; I shoot down in San Diego County or on my own range if it's not over 200 yd.

Right now as I'm sure you know it's HOT and I'm trying to stay out of the sun as much as I possibly can for a little while longer .

I had some more melanoma cut out as well as froze off !. I'm now paying the price for youthful stupidity . Like spending all that time in the Sun with little more than shorts on for 358 out of 365 X 40 plus years .

Back then who knew , so now I do and it's block spf 55 spring summer fall and half of winter .

Yes I neglected to post .223 AR 15 XM15 E2S 20" Target Bushmaster H Bar chrome lined barrel .

My Tikka Bolt in .223 doesn't like that load at all , so I'm currently working on something for it . The AR also likes 62-68-69 grain projectiles equally well . It's doesn't like 75 or 80 grains though . Maybe the Tikka will ?.

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
quote:

And I shoot out in Redlands (inland empire shooting range) - there is no place in the OC to shoot rifle anymore...

Regards,

Robert

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by rnovi:

And I shoot out in Redlands (inland empire shooting range) - there is no place in the OC to shoot rifle anymore...

10-4 Frownerroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
Well, I should have saved the targets - it was a good day at the range.

AR-15: a home-build Sun Devil lower w/ a DPMS 20" Bull bbl. I was shooting a 55gr. "Varmint Express" bullet from Graf over a bit of H322. First 6 shots went into a hole I could cover with a dime. Heh, my first handload on the .223 and I'm good with calling it "done"!

.257 Roberts: Other than shooting quite high (hot day) I put two rounds touching at 100 yards...and two more groups in the sub 1" range. 117 SGK over 44gr of H4350. Yep, love this load. I'm calling it good!

.35 Remington: hate the trigger on this gun, but otherwise shot a 1" group and then rang the gong for a while.

.350 RMag: the joyous surprise of the day. Last time out the rifle was planting 250gr. Speer HC's in two-shot touching groups. And it did the same again! But the surprise was that I also shot some 250gr. Speer Grand Slams: printed in EXACTLY the same location, only 3/4" apart. I'm extremely happy with that performance!

So, all in all, a good day at the range!

Regards,

Robert