THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    What type of rifle is your 260 Rem?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What type of rifle is your 260 Rem?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted
Remington, Ruger, Browning, Custom, etc

What type of scope do you have on it?

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Model 7 Remington,Stainless, 18.5 inch Barrel, Weaver Grand Slam 3.5 -10 x50

Posts: 113 | Location: Hunter, Tx | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
K98 with an ER Shaw barrel on a Fajen Stock, Weaver 1/8 min dot.

Posts: 1361 | Location: congress, az us | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
<QuarterIncherNV>
posted
Remington 700 VLS. 26" heavy barrel. B&L 4200 6-24x AO. As it left the factory except for trigger adjustment.

142gr Sierra Matchkings 2822 fps and ten rounds .65" 100 yards. 2.68" 600 yards.

95gr Hornaday V-Maxes .35" 100 yards. Impact on ground squirrels to 535 yards: Amazing.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ruger 77 MK II stainless. Buris 3-9. So far it has shot very well with about any load I have tried in it. Seems to like 120 X bullets.

Posts: 331 | Location: DeBeque, Co. | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
<maral>
posted
My 260 Remington: BRNO 601 action,Douglas 25"SS barrel 1:8" Classic stock By Ola Gujord( probably one of the best stockmakers in Norway), made of a nice piece of turkish walnut. Kahles 3-9X42 in Warne mounts.Very nice rifle, shoots sub MOA groups with almost any bullet/load combo! Favourite loads: 95g Hornady V-max/44g Norma 202(3250fps), 129g Hornady SP/42g Norma 204(2700fps) and 155g Norma Oryx/45g Norma MRP(2500fps)

<Rogue 6>
posted
My deer hunting machine is built on a m77 short action with a nicely glass bedded walnut stock. It trigger has been cleaned up to a crisp 3 pounds. The barrel is a #5 contour 24 inch shilen barrel with a target crown and match chamber. I put on the 'ol reliable 3x9x40 luepold varx2, in Refield rings and bases. And just to make it fit right an old half rotten military sling I've used for ever. Slings are made for shooting not for looks or to strap over your shoulder. I use neck sized r-p 260 brass, fed 210 primers, 129 Hornady interlocks and 48 grains of R19. It shoots around 2950 fps and I call her spanky.

one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
Remington Model Seven Youth Model. I replaced the hardwood stock with a factory synthetic stock, and I had Beast Enterprises install a Ching Ring Scout Scope Mount. The barrel channel is relieved to accept the Ching Ring, but the action has not been bedded. I have a Burris 2.75X Scout Scope on it and it shoots Hornady 160-grain RNSPs at 2350 fps at around MOA.

[ 09-04-2002, 03:33: Message edited by: Slingster ]

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine's a Ruger M77 Mk II. Bought it used; shoots very well. I have no complaints about it save for the short throat by the factory (it was evidently made to minimum SAAMI specs), so the 140 gr bullets & up can't be loaded to their full potential. Excellent deer gun, nonetheless.

I may make another one from a Mauser, and give it a good long throat to handle the bigger bullets.

Posts: 115 | Location: Bryan, TX, USA | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
T/C Encore with Virgin Valley Custom Guns barrel. Stainless Shilen 8-groove, 1 in 8 inch twist, 25" long barrel, tapered to Hunter Class barrel contour limits. Topped with a Sightron 4-16X AO scope in Burris Signature rings w/offset inserts for added elevation capability.

I also have a 15" Factory T/C Encore barrel in 260, topped with a Leupold 2.5-8X handgun scope.

Regards, Bill

Posts: 1169 | Location: USA | Registered: 23 January 2002Reply With Quote
<JP Terp>
posted
Remington Model 7 with a SS 22" barrel in a "Wildcat Composites" fiberglass stock. Redfield bases and rings. I'm using a 12x Leupold scope on it until I'm done working up loads. At that point I'll probably go with a fixed 6x.
John

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have (actually, soon will have) a Compact Ruger 77MKII.

I am not sure exactly what I will get for a scope.

Jim B.

Posts: 1115 | Location: Huntsville, Alabama | Registered: 07 August 2002Reply With Quote
<Bruce Gordon>
posted
Custom 1000 yard 16 lb target rifle built on Remington 700 action. One of the barrels is a 260 Remington and it shoots 120 grain Matchkings at 3200 fps using Reloader 19. Still in the early stages of load development but with new unprepped Remington bress it is putting 5 shots into 3-4" at 500 yards with about 50 fps velocity spread. After final sorting and prep I expect the rifle to do half that.
The 1000 yard match next month will be the real test.

<Multi Vis>
posted
Sporterized 98 with a Adams&Bennet F-34 CM 24"barrel bedded into a Ramline plastic stock with a Pachmayr pad. A sportsman Timney trigger set at Appox.2-1/2lbs. Leupold one piece base and rings with a 3x9 Vari X-II Leupold scope. The combo turned out heavier than I thought it would but its a fine shooter. 2800fps with 129gr.Hornadys and 2750 with 140s.

one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Custom Sako built by Arnold Arms. 24" Shilen stainless barrel, barrel/action Teflon coated, McMillan Sako-Hunter stock. Great gun, but I just sold it because I use my Sako in 6.5x55 more often.

Posts: 3316 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
i have (or rather my wife does) a custom 22" barrel .260 from bullberry, .7" barrel contour in a tc encore. scope is 3x9x40 nikon monarch in burris double dovetail rings.

i had a factory 24" .260 encore barrel - i sold it when we got the custom barrel (and bought a 6.5 x 284 barrel for myself)

so i suppose i ought to change my moniker to "tcencore6.5x284" and give my wife the "tcencore260" label? [Big Grin]

Posts: 285 | Location: arlington, tx | Registered: 18 April 2002Reply With Quote
<Hondo64d>
posted
Browning Low Wall. Weaver 4.75X Grand Slam. Gorgeous rifle. Mediocre shooter, but working on it.

John

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ruger MkII Stainless Synthetic

Bushnell Trophy 3x9x40

Plateau Hunter

Posts: 171 | Location: Cannon Co., TN | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
<rifleman>
posted
Ruger M77 MKII Stainless/synthetic with a Swift 4X scope on it. Nice shooter.

Dave

one of us
posted Hide Post
Building a RPA Quadlock action'd Palma gun with a Krieger barrel and a McMillan Prone stock. This with the 300 Weatherby I am building should make next spring quite fun.

Posts: 593 | Location: My computer. | Registered: 28 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine is Rem. Mod. 700, Mount. Rifle. With a full case of H4831 & a 120 Nos. BT. it does a damn fine job on the deer and hogs I shoot with it.

Posts: 1018 | Location: Lafourche Parish, La. | Registered: 24 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lots of texas 260's in here....Heres something to think about..A 260 Improved, it should be a great shooter.....

Posts: 113 | Location: Hunter, Tx | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My eleven year old son's .260 is a Model 7 Youth with the stock cut back and fitted with a Pachmayr pad. 18 inch barrel shoots acceptably but responds badly to heat. Since it's a hunting rifle that's not a problem. He tolerates the slight recoil without adverse effect. That d@mn short stock scares the beejezus out of me when I shoot it.

Posts: 257 | Location: Radio Free Texas | Registered: 20 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Remington 700 Mountain Rifle. Stainless laminate.

Bob257

Posts: 434 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mine is built on a 700 Rem action with a Krieger
1 in 8 twist stainless steel barrel that has been fluted and froze two times. The barrel was finished at 25" and has bead blasted finish. Rifle Basix trigger set at 8 oz. Tasco S.S. 20X scope in 20 MOA Ken Farrel bases and rings. I have three stocks that the action has been bedded in. One an H.S. Perscion with a detachable box magazine it weighs 9.75 Not light but acceptable for coyote hunting when I don't have to walk up and down hills. another stock is a McMillan prone stock with adjustable cheek piece and butt plate for F class shooting. At 12.75 lbs it lays on the bipod and bag very well. The other stock is a lamintated stock with three recoil reducers a mushy recoil pad and the lenght of pull shorten for the wife to shoot it. In that stock at 13.5 lbs the recoil is almost non existent. But I know that short stock scares me to shoot. I probably wouldn't without recoil reducers in it. It will
shoot in the .3's with 108 Scenars at 3190 fps and in .3's was well with either 142 SMK or the 139 Scenar at 2670. Yeah I love this rifle. But that darn scope has to go! Sorry optics. Love the amount of adjustment they have but that is all

Shoot Safe, Shoot Straight....RiverRat

Posts: 413 | Location: Owensville, Indiana USA | Registered: 04 July 2001Reply With Quote