THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Bushmaster Carbon 15 or Rock River Tactical?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bushmaster Carbon 15 or Rock River Tactical?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for my first black gun and these are $750 to $800. I really don't know much about these guns and would like to start somewhere. One would trade for my 03A3 or Garand. Opinions please!

NRA Life Endowment Member

Posts: 420 | Location: Troy, Michigan | Registered: 21 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Depends on what you intend to use the gun for. For casual sporting use and shooting, either of the options you mentioned will be fine. If the gun is to be a working tool, with lots of shooting and lots of in-the-field, in-and-out of the vehicle use, then I'd stay away from anything with carbon. Just my view. Certaintly not gospel.

114-R10David

Posts: 1753 | Location: Prescott, Az | Registered: 30 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MM,

there is a Carbon 15 for sale in the classifieds IIRC.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recently built an AR-15 with a complete lower receiver from RB Precision and a DPMS 20" Varmint Upper. I spent $710 including shipping and ffl fees.

Posts: 40 | Location: Maine | Registered: 04 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
THe Carbon-15 is very special for its weight of just 4 pounds. I have one that I bought purely for its weight advantage. It is quick-handling and very handy. Like other featherweight guns, it is not very accurate. It also turns the mild .223 into something of a "kicker". The bottom line is, if you're looking for light weight, the Carbon-15 has no peer. If the way it shoots is more important than its weight, then other AR variations may suit you better.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote