THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: Anyone need 20 Tactical dies?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Anyone need 20 Tactical dies?
 Login/Join

Picture of Mark
posted
John,

The 20 has a 30 degree shoulder so just bumping it back won't work. I already thought about the bushings, but that still leaves me with doing the shoulder in a separate step.

Posts: 7774 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought the CD4 dies. I was a little worried because of the low price ($69 compared to well over a hundred for Redding dies). I got them in and took a .223 and lubed it and one pass later I have my first .20 Tactical case.

Posts: 1542 | Location: Anchorage AK | Registered: 03 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
AlanC, I don't know if you've loaded for the Tact.20 before but a caution if you haven't. Be sure when you size for fireforming there's a bit of a crush fit in the chamber with unfired brass. The pressure spike is different in small caliber hyper rounds and some dies set the shoulder back too much and create excessive headspace.

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote