New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interesting Sako 75
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I saw a Sako that I hadn't ever seen before, it was in a 75 Varmint chambered in .22 PPC. Nice looking piece of walnut, heavy barrel. know zero about the cartridge other than it is small. Price on this gun seemed kind of high at $1275.00 with rings.
Anyone else seen a Sako in this chambering?
Thanks Greg

Posts: 698 | Location: Edmonton Alberta | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
picked this up off the reloadersnest
The 22 PPC was developed in 1974 by Dr. Louis Palmisano and Ferris Pindell, primarily as a benchrest cartridge. Although originally a wildcat, Sako of Finland introduced commercial rifles and ammunition late in 1987. Norma followed suit on 1993 with loaded ammunition. The cartridge is based on the 220 Russian case which is a necked down version of the 7.62x39mm Soviet military cartridge. The Wichita Engineering and Supply Co. made the first rifles for both the 22 PPC and 6mm PPC cartridges.

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have that gun in stainless, laminated.
Picked it up used about four years ago.
Very accurate PD gun.

NRA Patron member

Posts: 2640 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 08 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it's probably based off of their 'varmint' platform 75 which gives you a set trigger, you don't have to 'set' it, and if functions just straightforwardly, set it, and you can have about 1/2 lb or less pull, have several---damn sweet.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw a Sako 75 Varmint 204 Ruger the other day.

Impressive - and only 2 had been available
and were sold immediately so rare as rocking horse ...

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote