Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

243wssm varmint loads
 Login/Join

posted
I just landed a model 70 win in a 243wssm.I am looking for a good varmint load with a good bullet.If anyone knows any reloading manuals with info on this caliber please help

one of us
posted Hide Post
The Hornady Reloading Manual was made from a pre-production guess at the final design. I'm not sure how good the data is for it or the 223 WSSM. They said pressure excusions came on really quick in their guns.

Posts: 967 | Location: Michigan, USA | Registered: 28 November 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The latest edition of the Hornady Reloading Manual (sixth edition)has loads shown for the 243 WSSM.

There is also a good article with loads for both the WSM and WSSM cartridges in the January 2005 issue of Rifle magazine. John Haviland displays lots of data.

R F

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hodgdon is the only site I could find! It was pointed out to me a few days back when I wanted load data for 100 grain bullets! This chart starts out with 58 grain bullets and goes up to 105 grain bullets!

http://www.hodgdon.com/data/rifle/243winssmag.php

Hope this helps you out!

Posts: 454 | Location: Russell (way upstate), NY - USA | Registered: 11 July 2003Reply With Quote