New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington rifle
 Login/Join

Picture of hoover7
posted
Does anyone have any experience or ever seen a Remington VLSSTH rifle. This is a Limited Edition(2004) Stainless heavy-barreled rifle with a brown laminated thumbhole stock. There is no information on the Remington website about it.

Any information or opinions would be appreciated.

Posts: 12 | Location: Saluda, SC, USA | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Try calling Grice Gunshop in Clearfield PA at 814-765-9239, or www.gricewholesale.com They are a Remington jobber with a 10,000 gun inventory. They should know something.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hoover7: I have handled several of this Model Rifles from Remington during the past year. I saw some in Idaho Falls, Idaho then in Spokane, Washington and in Missoula, Montana.
The sport store chain that carried them was called "Sportsmans Warehouse". They are a somewhat new but huge stored, chain of sporting goods stores. Their headquarters is in Utah - Salt Lake I think.
I liked the looks and fit of the stock and the nifty stainless action and barrel were also appealing to me.
I had just bought two very similar "limited edition" Model 700's with the stainless actions and heavy 26" barrels (but mine have the grey laminated "standard" Varmint configuration stocks). If the thumbhole stocked models had been available then I would have gone with the thumbhole stocked models.
By the way my two "newish" Varminters in stainless shoot very well and hold zero just fine! Mine are in 223 Remington and 22-250 Remington calibers. These two Rifles were so called "limited run" models also.
Remington does this every now and then - they just seem to burp out some uncatalogued Rifles - I think to see how they sell and how the public responds to them.
One of my favorite "limited run" Varmint Rifles is an all stainless steel 26" heavy barreled rig in 17 Remington caliber! I got this Rifle about 3 or 4 years ago. This Rifle has the fiberglass stock and is very accurate. It is in the back seat of my VarmintMobile right now (and has been for the last 8 days now!) as I am waiting for the Chinook winds here in SW Montana to subside enough so I can re-verify its sight in!
I very much admire the folks at Big Green for "thinking outside the box" so to speak and coming up with new, cutting edge and trend setting stuff fairly often!
Good for them!
I am going to list the phone numbers of the places I saw those thumbhole stocked Remingtons at so you can call them if you desire. The last couple of times I was at the Idaho Falls, Idaho (December 28th) I did not see this model still on the shelf. They may have been out or there may have been some in the back.
I have not been to the Missoula or Spokane stores since December 17th either.
Sportsmans Warehouse stores:
Idaho Falls, Idaho 1-208-542-1900
Spokane, Washington 1-509-891-1900
Missoula, Montana 1-406-523-9000
Good luck in your search for info!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote