Picture of hivelosity
posted
What do you know about this rifle.
Saw one at walmart how do they shoot?
Thanks Dave

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never heard much good said about them.
If you want a 243 Remington at a good price look for a used model 700.

One shot , one kill

Posts: 197 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 13 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jimatcat
posted Hide Post
for the $300, I'd look for a good used savage 110, lots out there... and I'm a Winchester model 70 guy... don't waste your $$ on the Remington 770...

go big or go home ........

DSC-- Life Member
NRA--Life member
DRSS--9.3x74 r Chapuis

Posts: 2842 | Location: dividing my time between san angelo and victoria texas.......... USA | Registered: 26 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
remmy seems to be gaining fast on a bad reputation for quality

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
a friend of mine had one.. I forget what caliber, i think it was a 7/08 but the handle broke off the bolt the second time he had ii out.

I prefer the 700 or an M70 too, but for the money, if budget is a concern, I'd go for a Savage.

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1980 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd go savage Axis or Ruger American, for that money. 243's have a lot of meat on the barre, which helps them shoot straight no matter who makes them, but the 770 just seems like junk to me. I've seen scoped 700 ADL's at sportsman' warehouse for $400. I'd get one of those. You will want to throw the scope away and buy a good one, for sure.

Matt
FISH!!

Heed the words of Winston Smith in Orwell's 1984:

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right."

Posts: 3292 | Location: Northern Colorado | Registered: 22 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You'd have better results just sending me the $300 vs buying a 770. They're crap, you can find a better gun for the same price, maybe a little more

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of hivelosity
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I thought after the 710 calamity that rem might be back on track. I think I will look for a model 70. I don't mind paying a little more

Posts: 2134 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 26 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I put a muzzle brake on a 770 and it was cheap. I have heard that the 783 is ok but I would run from the 770.

Howa makes a good gun with a lot of good features.

Joe

Posts: 1111 | Location: Blooming Grove, Tx. | Registered: 28 June 2012Reply With Quote