THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Re: Howa 1500 Supreme Varminter

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Howa 1500 Supreme Varminter
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have one in .223, it's a keeper, shoots well, and is a fine PD killer. The stock is a pain when cleaning, so figure on removing it from the stock to do so, the cheekpiece is pretty high, and interferes with the cleaning rod. It's pretty heavy for packing around, but not too awful bad, you can live with it. My buddy's wife has one, too, and she feels the same way about hers. I get groups of around the half-inch mark, plenty good enough for killing PDs. Most of the guys I know, who have one, like them a lot.

Posts: 116 | Location: KY | Registered: 20 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The only major problem I have ever seen with a Howa, is that once you get one, you will never want to get rid of it.

It is one of the best dollar buys you can get in a Varmint Rifle.

Between a Savage 12 BVSS or the Howa Varminter Supreme, it would be so hard to make a decision, I would purchase one in each caliber since they are such a bargain for the money.

Enjoy the daylights out of it.

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, looks like I'm getting the itch again. I've been seriously looking at this rifle in a 22-250 just recently, mainly because of it's feel and different styling. The only problem is that I have no experience with them. I've read some good articles on it, but that still isn't as valuable to me as the first hand experience you folks have. I'm looking for the good, as well as the bad. Any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Posts: 445 | Location: Connellsville, PA | Registered: 25 April 2002Reply With Quote