THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    "It's new project time" CZ .17 Ackley Hornet

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"It's new project time" CZ .17 Ackley Hornet
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've had three projects on my mind, all of em resting like little eggs in my brain just waiting for a warm infussion of "cash" to hatch em. In no particular order they are a .20 BR (long range .20 cal hotrod), a .20 smaller than my Tactical such as a .20 VarTarg and a .17 Ackley Hornet in a light CZ American for a pickup truck gopher gun.
What I end up shooting most (as VarmintGuy will attest too up here) is gophers, the .17 Ackley won! Yesterday I ordered a 527 CZ American as a platform, now the fun begins. I'm going to use a Pac-Nor stainless Super Match in 3 groove with a 1 in 10 twist. Custom reamer with a tight chamber and 0-leade will allow me to load the .20 grain V-Max shoved well into the lands and quite possibly still use the magazine even though the magazine use doesn't matter to me.
All over here in Montana this years crop of young gophers are crawling into their burrows thinking of a nice warm spring to follow the winter----"I'LL BE WAITING"!!!!

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Please keep me in the loop on how this works out for ya! I was about to do the same thing but use a Ruger 77/22 Hornet action and it's not like I have enough P-Dog rifles but I may need another for when the others get hot. Let us knowow it turns out. Later,

Kirk

Posts: 166 | Location: Right in the middle of Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote