THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    .243 wssm. winchester super shadow rifle

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.243 wssm. winchester super shadow rifle
 Login/Join

posted
I have a chance of one for a very good price.are they accurate. trigger pulls not too strong.can I have your opinion.

Posts: 21 | Location: uk | Registered: 14 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
trigger is the standard M70. So if it's not good, it can be easily fixed. Accuracy is the typical crap-shoot you get with a factory rifle...some are some aren't.

Be advised it's not a very popular caliber so finding ammo could be difficult, especially if you don't reload.

Posts: 1416 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have have A lightweight stainless mod 70 and could not be more pleased with it. Accurate, easy to carry, and good looking at a very modest price. Very surprised at how little it kicks. Lot of valuein a very pleasant package.

Posts: 94 | Location: Hastings, Mn | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No problems with my Featherweight. However I only use it on our smaller deer species here in OZ.
I'd second the advice to stock up on ammo or component brass, it is getting harder to find...

Cheers, Dave.

Aut Inveniam Viam aut Faciam.

Posts: 6716 | Location: The Hunting State. | Registered: 08 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the model 70 ultimate shadow 243 wssm and it shoots extremely well with my reloads. The 85-grain TSX is hell on sitka deer.

Posts: 409 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote