New
Find
Notify
Tools

CZ550 eye candy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just a simple CZ 550 Full Stock in 6.5X55. Scope is an El Paso Weaver K4. Rings are Warne Maximas. Sling is USGI M1.

one of us
Picture of hikerbum
posted Hide Post
the full stocks are not my personal style, but I must say that this one looks pretty good

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Posts: 2602 | Location: Western New York | Registered: 30 December 2003Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of KWard
posted Hide Post
A really nice rifle, just love full stocked rifles they are so classic looking. And love the smaller bore rifles.

Posts: 319 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love those fullstocks, a slight flaw in my character Smiler

I don't have a CZ, but I plan to rectify that shortly.

I have a Ruger 77 fullstock in 250 Savage and custom Remington 700 in 35 Whelen.

Me thinks a 7x57 or a 6.5x55 will be next. Wish they made them in 8x57.....

one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice full stocked rifle. I appreciate them these days. There is a Ruger at the dealers with a good stock like that. The Rugers 18" barrel is too short for me however.

Join the NRA

Posts: 5543 | Registered: 09 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BlackHawk1
posted Hide Post
I have the same rifle but with a Leupold 1.5-5x20 in Warne QDs and a nice "cobra" sling. Quite nice little "woods" carbines.

BH1

There are no flies on 6.5s!

Posts: 707 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 23 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
very nice !
I have one in 7X57 mauser with a leupold VXII
2X7 in warne mounts. Mine shoots even better than it looks ! Can't find many 550s around here. Exept in the african claibers.
I simply love mine and would like to get a couple more with longer barrels. Not to picky about caliber as long as its at least a .243 and not a dangerous game type cartridge been a long time since I saw a cape buffalo in oregon

freedom1st

One of Us
Picture of bartsche
posted Hide Post
waveHP Shooter,

If you haven't already take a look on the gun smith forum of AR. and see some of the beautifull wood on the CZs with that red finish removed. I'm really tempted to go to work on mine. Enjoy your rifle. It would be hard not to. thumbroger

Old age is a high price to pay for maturity!!! Some never pay and some pay and never reap the reward. Wisdom comes with age! Sometimes age comes alone..

Posts: 10226 | Location: Temple City CA | Registered: 29 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bartsche:
waveHP Shooter,

If you haven't already take a look on the gun smith forum of AR. and see some of the beautifull wood on the CZs with that red finish removed. I'm really tempted to go to work on mine. Enjoy your rifle. It would be hard not to. thumbroger

I saw that. M1 Tanker sure did a nice job. Having refinished a shotgun's stock before, I'm in no hurry to tackle this. Maybe after the factory finish starts going to crap I'll tackle it.

You can definitely see some nice straight grain flowing down the wrist and butt......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I love full-stocked rifles and this just reminds me that I need to get more.

Posts: 283 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 01 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KLN357
posted Hide Post
I am thinking of going with a CZ550 and am very familiar with their products, handguns in particular. The CZ 550 in 6.5 X 55 SM has a relatively slow twist for the caliber @ 1 in 8.7" and I think velocities could be impressive since loads can be worked up to 60,000 PSI that some powder companies provide data for, in stronger, newer, bolt rifles.

Another cartridge I really like is the 6.5 X .284, now loaded by Norma and called the 6.5 X .284 Norma. Nominal twist is 1 in 9", so the 550 is only .3" faster and I believe a 550 could be chamber reamed to 6.5 X .284 Norma if a greater level of performance is required by the shooter, over the 6.5 X 55mm SM, which because of its slower twist, may not be required! Wink

"No one told you when to run; you missed the starting gun."

Posts: 483 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish that they didn't come with vented recoil pads! I was going to buy a 550FS in 9.3x62, but decided to rebarrel an Interarms Mark X instead. A pair of 550FS in 6.5x55 and a 9.3x62 would make a nice plains game combo.

Jeff

Posts: 993 | Location: Omaha, NE, USA | Registered: 11 May 2005Reply With Quote