THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    6mm Br Painting - what color and how to?

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

6mm Br Painting - what color and how to?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just finished my savage 6mm br with a blued action and polished stainless barrel. I have a benchrest style stock and looking for some advice on painting it, something bright. I tried some duplicolor metalcast in red, but it turned out more maroon. I would be interested in any pics you guys might have as well.

one of us
posted Hide Post
JB

I don't know where you live but if it's anywhere near an Interstate take a short drive and pay particular attention to the big semi's. Those guys really like the bright colors and you get a better idea of what they look like, more so than simply looking at the spray can top. I picked 2 colors that way, a candy apple red and a metallic royal blue.

Ray

Arizona Mountains

Posts: 1560 | Location: Arizona Mountains | Registered: 11 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lexus (automotive Paint) Pearl White.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Anybody got any pics of jobs they did themselves? Anybody using rattle cans for a so-so job?

One of Us
Picture of glockmeister71
posted Hide Post
If you can decide on a color or see one on a car you like,go to a body shop and see what they'll charge.You'll prolly be surprised at how cheap it'll be.If you want to go even cheaper,take it to a vocational school and have them do it.Most of the time,they just charge for supplies and free labor or a very small fee.

Posts: 145 | Location: Knoxville,TN. | Registered: 12 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of glockmeister71
posted Hide Post
www.6mmbr.com/gunweekarchive.html

Check out some of those rifles.

Posts: 145 | Location: Knoxville,TN. | Registered: 12 April 2006Reply With Quote