THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    thoughts ?? cz .22 hornet 527 american.....

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

thoughts ?? cz .22 hornet 527 american.....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
why is the saftey backwards ???
anyone have one in this caliber ???
thank's
buckweet [Confused]

Posts: 302 | Location: clinton mo. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The CZ hornet is awesome. Since getting mine, I've bought a .223 in an American and soon to have a 527 varmint. There's probably not a more accurate hornet made- unless you want to spend 2-3X as much for a Cooper. The set trigger is awesome. The rifle comes with very well made rings. The safety is different, but I got used to mine quickly. Do a search here and see what you find, I bet you have a hard time finding a negative comment. Get one, you won't be dissappointed!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave-O
thanks, looking forward to shooting mine.
im impressed with the .22 hornet,been shooting my brothers .22 hornet in a [ruger] 10-77
hes got a lot of money in the ruger trying to get it to shoot,but now that it does. its awsome !!!
ok,i'll just have to get used to the saftey,[i've got an old marlin model 25 thats got a backwards saftey,
hummm ??? im thinking ?? my next will be a triple duce .222 wow !!!
buckweet [Confused] [Razz] [Roll Eyes] [Wink] [Smile] [Cool]

one of us
posted Hide Post
buckweet, I'm afraid your about to make your brother jealous. I'm willing to bet my ex-wifes left leg that you don't have to spend a bunch to get that CZ to shoot. I've got a .17 HMR Varmint, and a 527 .223 Varmint Laminate, both shoot far above their price range. I got the .223 to replace a Varmint Synthetic Remington .223 I sent off to become a Tactical .20, the CZ out shoots the stock Rem by a good margin. Coincidently I was in Ennis Mt. today to pick up some bullets, Rob there at Shed Horn Sports stocks a lot of CZ's, I had hold of a Hornet in the American model, exceptionally nice piece of wood. Unfortunately it's almost Christmas and I've already shot the years gun budget all to blazes or I'd be an owner. I've got .17 Ackley Hornet on the brain and that's the platform I'm gonna use, I too love the set trigger. I could have found a way to justify it if only I didn't already have a Hornet and a K Hornet, Wonderful caliber. If your a reloader might I suggest Lil'Gun powder and 40 grain V-Max bullets. It's a long bullet and in my Anschutz I have the bullet set out too far to use the magazine, but it chronos 3,000ish fps and shoots bug holes, great combo in my rifle as well as my K. Keep us posted. Dave-o, if your a reloader hows the magizine length on yours?---Shoot Safe---montdoug

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
montdoug, I modified the clip on my CZ to accept longer OAL, but it still isn't enough for the 40 grain V-max or Nosler BT. I shoot the 35 V-max and 45 gr. hornet bullets when I need a repeater, and shoot the pointy 40 grainers as a single shot. Now if someone would just make a follower for the 527.

one of us
posted Hide Post
awwww !!! heck !!!
looks like,more n' more im going to have to have both....
this is getting expinsive..!!!!!
dang the hornet sounds sweet !!,but ?? so does the .222 !!!!
sheesh..still not any closer.....lol !!!
buckweet [Confused]

one of us
posted Hide Post
mountdoug........how much is an ex-wife's left leg worth ???
buckweet [Confused]

one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife's CZ American in 22 Hornet shot sub 1/2 moa right out of the box using the 35 Grain V-Max over 13 Grains of Lil'Gun. It's a great rifle.
Pete

Posts: 403 | Location: Emeryville, CA | Registered: 24 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
buckweet, 1/2 of all goods and properties acquired over 7 years. She did however throw in my freedom so it was an excellet swap. One of these days I'm gonna loose one a these bets boy will she be surprised! If you go to collect tell her--"I WANT MY .250-3000 SAVAGE 99 BACK!!!!!!!". No worries, the new ones a keeper.---Shoot Safe---montdoug

Posts: 1181 | Location: Bozeman Montana | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
savage 99 in 250-3000..............ouch !!!!!!!
buckweet
p.s. i've got a M99F-.308 wouldnt git rid of that one for nothing.
[Eek!]