Find
Notify
Tools

Winchester 75 Sporter
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'd like to know more about these rifles please Big Grin

I'm interested in one right now as a shooter not for collector value as the forend has a crack repair and has been refinished...bore/rifling 98% and action is like new and smooth...comes with the original magz and Weaver G6 scope

Muzzle and barrel losing some bluing...
Owner says overall condition a conservative 80-85%...

I'm in need of a comfortable and accurate 22LR for off=hand shooting practice...

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Win 75 is a good gun. They are plenty accurate. The 75 Sporter is actually more rare than a 52 Sporter. The Redfield 75 is the sight for a Win 75! The target model would be my choice for offhand practice. I like a heavier gun to point offhand.

PA Bear Hunter, NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1621 | Location: Potter County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miles58
posted Hide Post
I've been shooting a 75 for about 40 years. I love it. Mine is the heavy target model. Beautiful adjustable trigger. With the right ammo it will keep all shots touching at 50 yards. I love it, and I would buy another in a heartbeat.

Posts: 964 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you gents, but I just backed-out of the deal because the crack repair was running across the grain through the front action screw hole... thumbdown

AW SHUCKS because the wood grain was phenomenol...but I just ain't comfortable given where the crack is located... Frowner

I settled on a Marlin 880 Squirrel Rifle in great condition that's been hardly shot at a good price... tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote