THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  Small Calibers    Weatherby 2.0 Backcountry Titanium 6.5 Creedmoor

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weatherby 2.0 Backcountry Titanium 6.5 Creedmoor
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I ordered this gun when it finally became available in left hand. It weighs 4.8 pounds with a 22 inch skinny barrel. This one should satisfy my needs from coyotes to deer. I have mostly 143 grain ELD-X ammo so it should work well for that range of game. I have a 6.5 PRC and a 6.5 X 55 do my range is covered. Does anyone have any experience with this model?

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2169 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
No experience. How does she shoot from cold vs. warm barrel?
I knew a guy back in Oregon who was an elk fanatic, swore he could always smell them, and trained hard to be able to outrun them to gain a position for a shot -- or so he told me when I interviewed him for our newspaper's fall hunting edition. His rifle was a custom bolt gun in .250-3000 that he had lightened to come in just a few ounces heavier than yours and he loved the thing. This was long before the very useful Creedmoor came along. He always tried to get close.
Feel free to let us see your new wand!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16628 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
wait???
you have a PRC and the X55 and then paid money for the c-more?

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
wait???
you have a PRC and the X55 and then paid money for the c-more?

Yep, the temptation was too great I like a light gun and this one doesn't have fine wood to damage. It will spend time in gun racks on the tractor and the ATV. I ordered an adapter for my suppressor as well.

Quick, Cheap, or Good: Pick Two

Posts: 2169 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it must be a pretty nice rig then.

Posts: 5001 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote